Workplace Health and Safety is seen as a priority at both national and local levels. In Queensland, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011) requires independent, third-party design verifications for high-risk plant with the main objectives of eliminating (where possible) and/or reducing workplace risks, and ensuring design compliance to applicable Standards. Following successful design verification (with a completed design verification statement), the high-risk plant prescribed in the regulation must be registered with WHSQ. This registration is subject to strict conditions throughout the duration of its tenure.
IFC Engineers verify the designs of:
- Cranes to AS1418 Cranes, hoists and winches (relevant parts)
- Elevated Work Platforms (EWPs) to AS1418 Cranes, hoists and winches (relevant parts)
- Vehicle Hoists AS1418 Cranes, hoists and winches (relevant parts)
- Personnel elevators, escalators, and lifts to AS1735
- Pressure Vessels AS1210; and
- Other equipment and plant (such as lifting gear) to applicable Standards
IFC Engineers traverse the procedural and regulatory requirements of Work Health and Safety design verification and high-risk plant registration to help our clients meet their legislated compliance and design integrity requirements to fulfil work health and safety responsibilities.
Igni Ferroque’s engineers are experienced with verification and organising design registration for the following types of high risk plant:
1. Cranes (all types),
2. EWP’s (Insulated and non-insulated),
3. Car Hoists,
4. Pressure Vessels &
IFCE can provide design and certification of pressure vessels to a variety of international codes, and importantly, AS1210 – Pressure Vessels but please contact us to discuss where we can provide additional solutions.
Standard Pressure Vessel Services
- Providing guidance on if your vessel is covered under the rules governing AS1210 – Pressure Vessels
- Determination of Hazard Levels of vessels and identifying if design registration is required
- Classification of Vessels
- Design and Certification of Pressure Vessels “by rule”, i.e. applying the code defined formulas and rules for standard Pressure Vessels.
- Combining “rule based” design with our Finite Element Analysis Software to design and certify non-standard Pressure Vessels
- Design guidance to manufacturers on cost effective fabrication methods for Pressure Vessels
- Design verification and registration of vessels
5. Amusement rides.